Experienced with Precision Ag Technology?
Looking to join a rapidly growing company with expansion opportunities across multiple states?
We are the first step in taking your passion and making it a career!
We use Precision Technology to help farmers ensure every planting pass is their very best! No matter the color, brand or age, we are there for them!
The Precision Farming Technology Consultant is an on-farm consultant, advocating for his or her farmers to ensure they make the very best agronomic decisions for their operations. He or she prides themselves on providing great customer support to our farmers to ensure we keep them up and running in the heat of the battle. The Precision Farming Technology Consultant is responsible for determining farmer needs and promoting the sale of precision farming equipment and services most beneficial to the farmers operation, as well as providing services, expertise and training as required by client technology and support agreements.
This following list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities based on business necessity. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Determine client support needs to sell, renew, and continually support yearly Support Agreements, driving continual sales of Precision Farming Equipment.
- Provide exceptional customer service, leading to referrals and continual sales of your existing client base.
- Provide service and support for Precision Technology Equipment.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose customer issues regarding Precision Technology Equipment, on-farm and over phone.
- Install, repair & service equipment including, but not limited to: planters, tractors, sprayers, and combines as well as the Precision Technology connected to it.
- Provide support and training to clients on the use & operation of Precision Technology Equipment.
- Maintain current product knowledge on all new/used equipment, including features/benefits and machine compatibility and technology integration.
- Strengthen the salesperson by being a positive support arm!
- Maintain effective communication with team members and support the culture of the Company, honoring our core values of Tell the Truth, Work Hard, Have Fun!
Education and Experience
The following are the minimum requirements for the position, which may be satisfied by an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or 3 to 5 years of related ag experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The following are the minimum requirements for performing the essential functions of the position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Precision Technology.
- Ability to work on hydraulics, electrical wiring and mechanical equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to establish and build long-term relationships.
- Ability to successfully train.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to successfully prioritize multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to frequently work outside regular business hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to pass WorkSteps physical assessment designed for the duties of this position.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance and liability coverage included in his/her personal auto insurance policy.
- Must be able to perform the duties of their position which requires operating a company vehicle.
- Must have a driving record that meets requirements of company auto insurance policy.
For additional criteria on Level 1, 2, and 3 status requirements, see career path for Precision Technology Consultant.
The following are the minimum requirements for the position.
- Current and valid crop insurance license, and Precision Planting Premier Tech Certification are required within 90 days of employment. Additional training, certifications and licensures will be discussed as deemed appropriate by your supervisor.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms; bend, kneel and crawl in tight spaces; and balance and climb ladders of up to 25 feet. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to climb farm equipment and heavy machinery including but not limited to a combine and sprayer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to regularly read from a computer, tablet or smartphone device; and to frequently operate a motor vehicle when traveling for business.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position operates in a fast-paced, business-casual office environment with a moderate noise level. The employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions throughout the year when servicing clients in the field and during work-related travel. Such conditions can include exposure to dust and particles, extreme heat/cold, strong odors and vibrations.
This position is required to frequently travel within the United States of America based on the consultants’ current and prospective client accounts. Travel will include out-of-town, overnight and via air for training and industry-specific opportunities up to 50% of the year, and/or within 100-mile radius of established territory. Relocation may be required dependent on current and prospective client accounts.
TruAcre is an Equal Opportunity Employer and believes in equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. Accordingly, all employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity. These decisions include recruitment, selection, promotion, transfer, discipline, compensation, benefits, training, and other personnel actions involving persons in all job titles and shall occur without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.