The Precision Sales Consultant is responsible for promoting the sale of Precision Farming Equipment, developing and maintaining new partnerships and client relationships, and aggressively hitting sales goals. The Precision Sales Consultant is an advocate for his or her partners and farmers to ensure they make the very best decision for their operation or business.
This following list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities based on business necessity. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and execute an aggressive annual sales plan in alignment with the Company’s vision and growth goals.
- Utilize the sales process and philosophy of the Company.
- Promote sales of Precision Farming Equipment and other sales in accordance with prospective client needs.
- Develop & present quotes and strategic proposals, in a timely fashion for prospective partners &/or clients, tailoring to their specific needs.
- Seek and develop knowledge with the goal of being the expert and best in niche.
- Develop and maintain product knowledge on all new/used equipment, including features/benefits and machine compatibility/ technology integration.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with our partners to ensure we maximize our partnership potential.
- Provide exceptional customer service leading to a strong referral network.
- Organize and maintain client profiles and accurately data enter communications and sales histories.
- Adhere to our Company’s policies, procedures and practices.
- Serve as a professional representative, conducting all interactions on behalf of the Company with the highest levels of trust, integrity and respect.
Maintain effective communication with team members and support the culture of the Company, honoring our core values of Tell the Truth, Work Hard, Have Fun!
Education & Experience
The following are the minimum requirements for the position, which may be satisfied by an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture preferred.
- 3+ years in sales preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The following are the minimum requirements for performing the essential functions of the position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Precision Technology.
- Strong multi-tasking skills to successfully prioritize multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to establish and build long-term relationships.
- Strong negotiating skills and experience.
- Ability to identify issues and implement solutions.
- Ability to frequently work outside regular business hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance and liability coverage included in his/her personal auto insurance policy.
- Must be able to perform the duties of their position which requires operating a company vehicle.
- Must have a driving record that meets requirements of company auto insurance policy.
The following are minimum requirements for the position.
- Current and valid crop insurance license, and Precision Planting Premier Tech Certification are required within 90 days of employment. Additional training, certifications and licensures will be discussed as deemed appropriate by your supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms; bend, kneel and crawl in tight spaces; and balance and climb ladders of up to 25 feet. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to climb farm equipment and heavy machinery including but not limited to a combine and sprayer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to regularly read from a computer, tablet or smartphone device; and to frequently operate a motor vehicle when traveling for business.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position operates in a fast-paced, business-casual office environment with a moderate noise level. The employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions throughout the year when servicing clients in the field and during work-related travel. Such conditions can include exposure to dust and particles, extreme heat/cold, strong odors and vibrations.
- This position is required to frequently travel based on the Specialist’s current and prospective client accounts. This position is required to occasionally travel out-of-town, overnight and via air for training and industry-specific opportunities.
TruAcre is an Equal Opportunity Employer and believes in equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. Accordingly, all employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity. These decisions include recruitment, selection, promotion, transfer, discipline, compensation, benefits, training, and other personnel actions involving persons in all job titles and shall occur without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.